Tuesday, October 18, 2005

One pup to go...


As many may know, I started a new adventure about a year and a half ago. I started in the bulldog business.
Well, the only business that I have seen in it is what I have cleaned up for a year and a half from 5 dogs. It all started off with this grand idea of getting rich quick. I would find one of the most expensive dogs I could find, buy one, and then breed it and sell the pups. Simple enough. I missed Sky's, the mother, first heat. Now another six months must pass. Then it happened. July 14, 2005, four pups were brought into the Ellison's home.
That night the mother dies. A couple weeks later a pup dies of pneumonia. A blood transfusion is required for
yet another pup. My profit continues to dwindle. The breeder takes a pup fpr the breeding fee. This leaves me with two pups to get rich on. One goes to pay off Sky. This leaves me one pup to get rich on. This pup goes to pay off vet bills. This leaves me as poor as before and determined to leave the bulldog "business" alone. What an adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pups got really cute.