Thursday, May 11, 2006

Billboards

I am very excited. Our area God's Missionary Churches are soon going to have billbords in the Susquehanna Valley. These churches include New Columbia, Beavertown, Penns Creek, Millmont, Sunbury, Newport, Duncannon, and Pillow. But, we could use some help from your creative minds. We want to have short, creative and catchy messages on these boards. An example would be...a picture of a pencil with an eraeser on both ends...the message is "Life without Christ...has no point." Another example would be....a picture of a candle with the flame blown out and smoke waving from the wick...the message is "Has your relationship with Christ done the same?" If you have any bright ideas, send them to mattellison@chilitech.net or leave them on the comment page. If yours is used, you will receive credit and recognition. I'll wait to hear from you!

5 comments:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Good Post!

Joel Byer said...

How 'bout...
We're not Bible Methodists yet, but we're trying
Hmmm, could use a little fine-tuning, but should work :-).

No seriously, that sounds like a great idea. Sometimes we as Conservative Holiness people have been too hesitant to advertise as we should. Go get 'em!

Eric said...

It´s about time we do this. Excellent!! I´ll have to think about good ideas.

Jon Earls said...

I agree with Joel...

Here's a couple of suggestions:

"If we were Bible Methodist's we could use the NIV!" :)

"God's Missionary Church: We use the KJV as the offical pulpit Bible - if it was good enough for the Apostle Paul it's good enough for us!" :)


Just kidding :) - I don't like the NIV and I use the KJV most of the time...

Sounds like a great idea. I wish there was another holiness church closer than 3 hours away so I could team up with them. I've actually been in contact with a company in our area who owns a lot of the billboards around - unfortunately the price is too steep for a small church like mine.

If you go to www.churchmarketingsucks.com you might find some good ideas. I don't agree with a lot of what they stand for, but you might be able to find something.

Anonymous said...

How about a simple, well chosen Bible verse? Example - Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Some people would never open a Bible, but they might want to after seeing a verse that speaks to there need. I'm sure you might know some that would be more fitting than this one. I know most people are hurting and looking for answers, and I think the billboards are an excellent idea to let people know where they can find God's truth for their lives.