Sunday, May 27, 2007

You Are Not Forgotten

As we go into Memorial Day weekend, let's take some time to reflect on the many who have given their lives for our freedom. Yes, many of us will be having cookouts and pitching horse shoes, but let's do so after we have reflected on what our freedom has cost so many. I am truly grateful for those who fought in wars far before my time, but I am truly grateful for those who are fighting for our freedom right now. I am disgusted at those who ridicule our soldiers who are laying their lives on the line everyday. Our troops are worthy of our support and prayers. I am glad we stepped up and took the battle to them. If we would have done what many of these pansies say we should have done, we would still be being bombed on our beloved soil. Freedom is precious, but it isn't free. For those who do not appriciate such freedom, priceline.com can get you out of this blessed country for a mere $500.00. I wish we could only remember the tragedy of 9/11/01. The pain. The sorrow. The grief. The loss. The anger. After 9/11, a host of musical artist came out with songs concerning our country. One of my favorites is by Daryl Worley entitled, "Have You Forgotten?" You can listen to it, I think, at www.hit-country-music-lyrics.com/Darryl-Worley-Have-You-Forgotten-Lyrics.html. This song reminds me their are some things worth fighting for. Some things worth dying for. Some things worth holding on to for dear life. Let's not forget our troops and thank God daily for those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. All gave some...but some gave all.

1 comment:

Dwight Donahey said...

Great article! I agree 100%!!!!!