Thursday, July 26, 2007

Disgrace

I rarely post anything from the sports world. But this I must get off my chest. I am greatly disappointed to see many of today's athletes disgracing the sports world. Sports carries with it a sense of respect, dignity, and honesty, but today that seemingly is being destroyed by money hungry, selfish pigs. For example, the referee that has been implicated in a gambling fiasco that included his betting on games he officiated. But my biggest aggrivation is with Barry Bonds. Bonds is at the center of a huge invistigation involving steroid usage. What makes this doubly frustrating is that he is only three home runs away from breaking the long standing home run record held by Hank Aaron. It is usually awesome to watch an individual in the chase of breaking such records, but today I'm aggravated through-and-through. Hank Aaron set his record honestly, but Bonds has had to use steroids. To me, he will never rightly own the home run title. I have a great suggestion that would keep him from obtaining the title. This controversy has left Bonds almost freindless in the NBL. I think all of the pitchers should join together and intentionally walk Bonds every time he steps into the batter's box. Even if it cost them the game...Bonds should never be able to hit another home run again. It would be great to see him three home runs away, but never hit another. A cheater doesn't deserve to hold the title that someone else has earned honestly. This is my humble opinion...Bonds has disgraced baseball.

5 comments:

Jon Earls said...

Preach it brother! I agree, he's a shame to baseball.

I had been fearful that he would break the record against my Atlanta Braves (since that's who Aaron played for), but thus far they've shut him down. So unless he hits three tonight we should be in good shape.

If I was a pitcher I would never let him hit it off me...then again, my 45 mph fastball would probably throw him off so bad he wouldn't be able to! :-)

Boog said...

Couldn't have worded it better myself.

Allen Mowery said...

Amen, brotha'!

Anonymous said...

Just to think that Pete Rose is banned for life and Mr. Bonds is a couple of swings away from immortality makes me sick. When will the commisioner wake up and ban this man before the game is marred forever?

Anonymous said...

me?!! what did I do?!