Monday, April 02, 2007

Gwen's Restoration



When Vonnie and I got married, my mom gave me a quilt, ole' Betsy, that was my great-grandmothers. I loved this quilt. It was a king-sized quilt and it was one of the real heavy ones. Thin, but heavy. Of course it was a old quilt and to say it was very, very ragged would be an understatement. I was discouraged because I thought it was time to say our tearful good-byes. But, then along came Gwen...Gwen Tolley. She took that quilt and restored it into this beautiful quilt. My nights are much more peaceful and my sleep has come so much easier now that I have it back. The tombstone came from Gwen as a reminder of ole' Betsy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! History preserved! SMac

Aaron said...

Do you still have your binky too?

Allen Mowery said...

In this words of Detective Adrian Monk, this makes be "LOL.....out loud."