Saturday, April 21, 2007

On the Road Again


Yesterday was an off day for Vonnie and I. Since Laura was off for spring break and wasn't working, she babysat the kids and we went spent the day out. We are currently looking for a new car. I am a big fan off internet shopping, so we went to New Jersy to look at a car. Instead of getting a car, I about got a jail sentence. The story goes like this. We are probably going to purchace a VW Jetta. (We really like the Passat, but haven't had much luck finding one...for us.) I found this VW Passat online on autotrader.com. It was actually pretty cheap fpr a Passat, so I called the guy. Oh, he ranted and raved about the car. I asked some pretty detailed questions considering the drive is nearly three hours. His answers were, the car is in excellent shape. It runs great. Everythings works like it should. Well, we show up and guess what...There was a large scratch down the side, a dent to match, the air didn't work and the moonroof was malfunctioned. To top it all, his "car lot" was a body/junk shop. There were a few broken fixtures inside the car I was pointing out when he had the nerve to ask, "What do you expect for such a low price?" My answer was simple..."I didn't expect anything different, except for the fact you told me it was in excellent shape." Considering all the heaps of junk that it was sitting around, to him, it was in excellent shape. I wanted so bad to ring his neck, but refrained and left. So the saga continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from WV! This is your cousin, Becky! Anyway, I chuckled as I read your story and take it from the wife of a NJ native...don't believe everything you hear from those folks! My hubby, Joe, said that he could have saved you the trip. Hahaha!

The Donaheys said...

Some people are so fortunate that some of us are Christians and can control our actions! As far as NJ, we know about that foreign land, our daughter-in-law is from there!