Friday, June 01, 2007

Making the Best of a Bad Situation

As you know, because of a recent post, we had bought a Jetta. We were extremely excited. It was awsome. It wasn't long until we realized we had been taken. This awesome car was in reality a piece of junk. The story goes like this. I found this car through the magazine "Autotrader". I called about it and it sounded nice. It was very reasonably priced. I asked why a 2002 was was so low priced. His response was that he had just paid it off. He had just finished school and he wanted to get rid of the car. His names was "Rocky". I got down to Reading, PA and found his house. It was in a very nice sub-division. When we got there, I soon found out that "Rocky" was short for Raqeb...that's right...Raqeb Ahmed. He had told me he had replaced the battery because it didn't start right. We bought the car and headed towards Cabelas. We went in and when we came out the car would not start. Alternator was bad. He replaced it. The next day he was going to meet me in Lebanon, PA where I was attending a viewing. He called and said he couldn't meet me there was some other problem. In short I had owned the car three days and I still didn't have it because it had been the shop two times. When I finally got it, it needed to go in again. I was bummed, frustrated, and I quickly became an advocate of racial profiling. To me, Arabs and cars go just about as good as Indians and hotels and gas stations! Oh well. The good news is I just traded it in at a local, reputable car lot. I paid $6,500. for the Jetta and Got $9,200 for the trade. Not bad. We ended up with an Oldsmobile Intrigue. It has less miles and is in excellent condition. I am finally at peace!! No more cars for a long, long time.

3 comments:

Bex said...

Oh dear! You and vehicles don't seem to get along! Well, I'm glad it worked out for the best...Gotta run! Later Gator!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to go through a hassle, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

The Donaheys said...

Remember the children's song - Jesus loves all the children; red, yellow, black & white? Or, Arabs, Indians and Americans too.