Sunday, September 23, 2007

Memories

Tonight was a special night for me. As a dad, you always wander what sinks into your kid's heads. As a preacher and a dad you wander the same thing. Well tonight was Youth Emphasis at our church. We give the fourth Sunday evening to our youth department. They lead the service and our Assistant Pastor preaches. So I was enjoying the service from my seat. Testimonies were given very readily. They were spontanious. Justin was sitting in the orchastra playing his guitar as always. All of a sudden I heard a familiar voice. It was Justin's. He was testifying. It was his first time. He had leaned over to my sister Laura and said I want to do what every one else is doing. I want to testify. He told her what he wanted to say and at the next available spot he stood up and said, "I can't wait to go to Heaven because I love Jesus". I was touched. My prayer has always been, "Lord, whatever it takes, let my children grow up with a desire to serve you". Tonight was an encouraging moment along the way and a reminder of their tender spirits.

No comments: