Monday, October 01, 2007

Ready! Get Set! Go!

Today is the big day. I started riding my newly aquired bike. I am on a quest to fulfill my promise to my congregation that I made January 2007. That promise was that I would be 24 pounds lighter come January 2008. Being the procrastinator that I am, I'm in a bit of a bind. My birthday is coming up, so I asked for a bike. I had one picked out and was going to purchase it until I found this beauty at the Watsontown Yardsales for $10.00. Quite a bargin. I know it's not as nice as Lance Armstrong's, but it will do the trick. So for the record, this morning I weighed in at 215. By January, I must weigh 191.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your determination, but you better get BUSY before it snows.

smac said...

Consistency wins the day! Go for it. smac

Boog said...

I'm proud of you! I honestly don't remember this piece of info but had I heard this I would have been "nagging" you about it! So much for the Raspberry Swirl Cheescake Pie for dessert on Friday night! :-)

Aaron said...

Gwen, I am not on a diet and that Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Pie sounds wonderful. I am not asking for a piece of it, please understand but I am throwing out a very strong hint here. :-)

Ellison Family said...

Gwen, please note that with all of the extra strengeous exercises that will transpire on Friday evening, I will be able to eat one or two, etc. I'll ride extra on Saturday:)