Friday, August 22, 2008

Justin's Big Day

Justin's new day job!
Ready to go.
Photo sessions at 7:30 am.
Arriving safely.
His own desk.

Today is Justin's first day at school. Wow! How time has flown by. It was hard to see our little boy head off for this great adventure. The one we are used to hearing run around and play by the hour at home. But today it was much quieter. Kayla wasn't sure how to act. She said she didn't want Justin to go to school because she was going to miss her best friend. We all had that feeling as we drove the 24 miles to Penn View Christian Academy. None-the-less, he's there and starting his PVCA career. I found myself praying different times today for him, not only for strength and courage, but that God would even now help make the right choices and through his Christian education, help put a hunger in his heart to serve God.

4 comments:

David and Terri said...

Today was great I'm sure. How about trying to get him to school on time on Monday!!

The Youngs said...

Matt and Vonnie your kids are so cute. I bet you were a little sad when Justin went to school today. Vonnie, Kayla looks just like you. She is cute. Check out our blog. Christine

Bex said...

Tough, tough day! For Mommy, Daddy and Kayla. I feel for Kayla...Justin is her best buddy. We'll be praying for him too! Congrats on the newest stage of parenthood.

Boog said...

It is such a rough day to watch as that first one walks into that big, scary brick building. I can tell by the grin on his face that he was going to do just fine! My heart did a couple flops the other day when Ethan started K-4. I know it's only two days a week...but hey...that means I only have one left at home with me. :-( Don't know how I'm going to manage. Miss you guys