Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Debt Is Paid

This past Monday and Tuesday I finished paying off my debts. Over a year ago, I asked Aaron McCarty to ride with me out to Illinois to pick up a van I bought off of autotrader.com. He went. Just recently Aaron called and asked if I would like to ride with him to NC so that he could work on his upcoming recording. I said yes and what a hoot it was. (I really didn't consider the trip a hassle at all. We just refered to the trip as "the debt".) I had the privilege of meeting Jeff Tolbert of the Primitive Quartet. Mr. Tolbert is one fantastic guitar, mandolin, and banjo player. He is also producing Aaron's project. I also met Tim Surrett, a former member of the Kingsmen Quartet and the Isaac's. He ripped up the upright bass and dobro. The drummer's name was Rick. He was quite the nutcase. I encouraged Aaron to use this man more, but not everyone carries the same opinion on drums that I do. Rick was just awsome. Anyways to make a long story short, it was a great privilege to meet these men and watch them work. I encourage everyone to buy one of Aaron's CD's when it comes out. It looks like it is going to be a great project. It has a sound similar to the Isaac's. Aaron wrote 3 of the songs recorded on the project. Bottomline: Check it out when you can. It's some cool stuff.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Thanks Matt.

tim said...

you were amoung the best. If all the peoples of the world listened to the Primitive Quartet and other gospel bluegrass of the same clean, crisp quality there would be less bloodshed, fewer traffic accidents, and more harmony in general.