Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Dream

Tuesday afternoon My wife and I took Daniel and Katie Brinkmann to Williamsport. Daniel is wanting to start playing the bass guitar, so we took him to Robert M. Sides to look at guitars and amps. I was just his day because he found a package deal on a Yamaha guitar with an amp and all of the trimmings for an awsome price. But, while we were there I wanted to check on an instrument that I desperately want to purchase....an Upright Bass. I have looked at them before but I haven't found one in my price range. And guess what? I didn't find one here either. A new on is out of the question. They run anywhere from $2,000.00 on up. But, I can buy a used one from $1,000.00 - $1,300.00. They took my name and number because there seems to be a waiting list. I told them not to call me for a couple years until I could do a couple of Krispy Kreme fund raisers. I would love to have one to playt in church, but most of all with guys like Aaron Mc Carty, Tim Calhoun, Nathaniel Tucker, and others. We want to get a little group together and an upright bass would be awsome. Who knows, maybe one day...people say that dreams do sometimes come true.

No comments: