Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Takin' A Breather

This past Sunday, we closed out our fall revival. Rev. Duane Quesenberry from Salem, OH, did a fantastic job ministering from God's Word. His theme throughout the revival was "Seeing Specific Spiritual Growth". Our closing to revival was a little different this year. We closed with an afternoon service, which was also our 10th Anniversary service. After the afternoon service, my sister and I went to West Virginia for my dad's surgery. We spent most of the day at Charleston Memorial Hospital. Dad was scheduled for surgery at 8:30 am Monday morning. We were told at 2:30 pm that his surgery was postponed until Tuesday at 7:00 am due the the air conditioning going out in the Operating Room. So back we came to CMH Tuesday morning. Dad's surgery went well and he is doing fine. He is expected to come home Friday or Saturday. We got back to Penns Creek about 9:00 pm Tuesday. I had much catching up to do today in the office. Either Thursday or Friday, Vonnie, the kids and I are taking' a breather and going to Harrisburg for the day. I am looking forward to spending time with my family. Who knows I may buy a new gadget while we are there.

No comments: