Saturday, June 21, 2008

9th Wedding Anniversary

This past week, Vonnie and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe that 9 years have come and gone already. It has flown by. At times it is hard to remember back thirteen years ago when I first came to the campus of Penn View Bible Institute. I was a junior in high school. Donnie, Vonnie's brother, was in the same class as I. About two days into my 6 year stay at PVBI, Donnie asked me a typical guy question..."So which girls are you scoping out?" There were two girls I said caught my eye. One was taken and would soon get married. So that narrowed it down to one girl, and my first choice anyways...Vonnie Hallenbeck. It wasn't long until we began chatting and joking together. Then there was Junior/Senior banquets. (The competition was stiff at times, but somehow I wound up on top). About two years into our four year "dating years" I saw true love face to face and it scared the daylights out of me. So I decided to take a sabbatical from dating. It didn't last long and we were soon dating again. Not long after, we were engaged and then on June 19, 1999, we became the Ellisons. I have enjoyed every minute of it. She annoys the stew out of me at times, but guess what, I annoy her too. We have our disagreements just like everyone else. But not one day has went by that I have second guessed my decision to marry Vonnie. She is truly the love of my life and the best mother to be found. It has been a joy to have her serve by my side for the past eight years in the ministry. She is a huge boost to Ellison ministry team. Having said all of this, Vonnie, I love you more today than ever before. You're the best! I am so glad God brought us together!

1 comment:

Crystal Mason said...

How Sweet!!! Are you getting sentimental in your old age?