Monday, January 02, 2006

Christmas Presents

We may say that Christmas isn't about the gifts, but one has to admit, they are an exciting part of Christmas. All year long I can always think of 1,000 things that I want, but when people start asking what do you want for Christmas, my mind goes blank. I did manage, however, to come up with a list of things that I would like. A Harley Davidson was tops, but of course, I didn't get it. But I did get some other neat things. Here are a few things I got:

1. An alarm clock that has natures sounds and shines the time on the ceiling in the dark. It really works. Now in the middle of the night, all I have to do is look at the ceiling and I got the time.

2. Casual shirts, dress shirts, a tie, dress socks, etc.

3. A watch. I was tired of using my cell phone to keep time.

4. An indoor/outdoor talking themometer. It has an alarm you can set to your alarm clock. As you wake up, it tells you the indoor/outdoor temps every 15 minutes for the first hour. At the end of the day you can see the high and low's of the day. It's pretty nifty.

5. The new Kingsman CD. They are probably one of my all-time favorite Southern Gospel male quartets. My favorite group was when they had Gary Sheppard (tenor) the best tenor they ever had in my opinion, Tim Surrett (lead), Parker Jonathan (baritone) and Ray Dean Reese (Bass) and Jim Hammill was their MC. They were awsome.

6. I would say that my favorite gift, even though I loved them all, was a new Bible. It is now my preaching Bible. It is a paralell Bible with both KJV and Amplified side by side. It is wonderful. I used it the first Sunday of the 2006.

These were great gifts, but none compared to the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ. I am glad I one day excepted that wonderful gift.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey! I'm enjoying your blogs. Sorry you didn't get your harley for Christmas....maybe next year, huh? :) Tell Vonnie Hi.

Anonymous said...

Well Hello there,

Just found your blog and it's nice to hear what is going on there.

Tell Vonnie I said hello and it would be nice to hear from you all sometime :-). If you ever get the Harley, I would like to see a picture of Von riding on the back of it :-).

If you could send me your e-mail address, I would love to keep in touch more regularly (we are still friends right? :-)

Let me give you my address:
sallysebo@zappmobile.ro

Miss you all,
Sally