Thursday, March 23, 2006

Gas Pills

This past Sunday I had one of those embarassing moments (a couple actually). I was trying to illustrate the point that it is important to get behind what you believe because it will help you be more effective when you try to "sell it" to those in need. My illustration was about a man who recently was trying to sell someone "gas pills". I went on to say that the person who was supposed to buy these pills asked the seller if they really worked. The seller said he didn't know, because he really hadn't had time to try them out himself. By this time, I could tell by the looks on the faces in the congregation, my illustration was missing the mark. Of course, the smiles, smirks, and surpressed laughter made me keenly aware that I should have used a different term then "gas pills". Oh, well, maybe I should start selling them because after church different individuals asked if they could buy some for their better-halves:)

No comments: