Saturday, March 04, 2006

Praying Son

Well it has been a while since I was here last as you all know, especially if you you read Jon Plank's blog. (Thanks Jon for reminding me and everyone else)!!!!! Justin has become an avid pray-er at our family feedings. He doesn't think anyone else's prayers are sufficient. He does a good job at it. But now his prayers are expanding. Last Wednesday I started getting sick with the dreaded flu. By Thursday I had it bad. Now my wife calls me a wuss, but only I know the pain I was in and it was bad. I wanted to put the "sick curse" on her but being the nice guy that I am, I refrained. I didn't have too. It wasn't long until she was feeling ucky too. So here we are both with this terrible flu. I am proud to say that the first knock-down-drag-out fight we ever had in our 6 years of marriage was this week as we fought over the toilet! (Don't tell my wife I exposed such a truth)!
As we were both in such pain, I thought it would be good to pray and ask God to send one of us, if not both, some relief so taking care of the kids would be a little easier. Well, Justin heard us praying and now every-so-often he comes into where ever we are and makes us stop what we are doing so he can again pray for mommy and daddy. God did hear his prayer and sent us relief in the form of a mother-in-law. God does work in mysterious ways. It wasn't the exact relief I was looking for, but she sure was a help. On a serious note, it was neat to show Justin that mommy and daddy were feeling better and when he asked the famous "why" we were able to say because Jesus heard your prayers. Hopefully that is a lesson he will grasp and hold on to for the rest of his life.

No comments: